|Relatives||Mrs. Lancaster (wife), Hazel Grace Lancaster (daughter)|
|Cause of Death||N/A|
|Portrayed by||Sam Trammell|
|First Appearance||The Fault in Our Stars|
- "My old man. He always knew just what to say."
- — Hazel
Mr. Lancaster is a background character in The Fault in Our Stars. He is the father of Hazel and Mrs. Lancaster's husband. He is described as a very caring emotional father, and is especially emotinally preoccupied with his daughter's illness. He is wise and a loving parent, and provides Hazel some help with emotional dilemmas. Because of her father's emotions, she tries her best not to upset him.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
Hazel Grace Lancaster[edit | edit source]
Hazel is Mr. Lancaster's beloved daughter. Though he is very quiet, he cares for Hazel a lot. Mr. Lancaster stayed home on Hazel's trip to Amsterdam. He read An Imperial Affliction (though he claimed he didn't quite understand it) while Hazel was gone, showing that he missed her.
Mrs.Lancaster[edit | edit source]
Mr. Lancaster married Mrs.Lancaster and had Hazel. They are often next to each other.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the book, Hazel briefly states that Mr. Lancaster used to push her on a swing when she was younger.
- That same swing was nearly broken upon installation when Mr. Lancaster insisted on "testing" the set by swinging on it himself.
- He is very emotional. (seeing as he cries a lot).
- He is very protective of Hazel.